COWI views diversity as a competitive advantage that helps us achieve results for our customers and COWI.
To meet our objectives, we will:
- Aim to have a diverse workforce including management that mirrors the diversity in our business and markets.
- Give equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, nationality, ethnic and social origin, disability, political and sexual orientation.
- Ensure that our employment and recruitment practise adhere to local legislation, where we work in the World.
- Continuously improve equal opportunities in our employment and recruitment practises
- Work towards creating a culture of tolerance and appreciation of differences.
Any given management forum shall reflect the diversity of the underlying organization.
- At least 2 out of the 6 general assembly selected board members (i.e. excluding employee representatives) are to be from the underrepresented gender.
- The share of female managers must reflect the number of female employees (28%, 2020)
- This target is pursued on both business line and business unit level
The policy includes all COWI entities and subsidiaries.
- COWI will develop actions to achieve goals and report annually according to legislation.
DIVERSITY ACTION PLAN
- We will integrate diversity into the yearly People Review process (talent pipeline and succession planning)
- We will ensure diversity in leadership training and coming talent programme
- We will set targets for female representation at leadership levels for the organisation
- We will propose a plan for 2 female general assembly selected board members to the COWI Foundation
- We will revise recruitment processes to eliminate barriers to diversity and enhance our focus on gender equation in management
- We will include the requirement for diversity in framework contracts with search and head-hunter agencies
- We will introduce nationality, educational, age and gender into the People Reporting done on a bi-annual basis
- We will continue to report as required by UN Global Compact